Monday, February 2, 2009

Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm a list-oholic.

I love lists. I make lists for groceries I need to buy, books I want to read, movies I'd like to see, places I hope to go, and of course... things I need to do.

The "To-Do" List is most definitely my favorite list. Between work and school, my TDLs more often take up notebook pages than post-it notes.
But, no matter how long the list, nothing beats the satisfaction of crossing off an item - from a "To Do" to a "Did That."

Curious what my "To-Do" List looks like on a typical day? I'll give you a sneak peek...


TUESDAY TDL:
  1. Website Edits - Our new site (www.flyerenterprises.com) is finally launched! It does still have a few minor errors; we'll take care of them this week.
  2. Prep for final round of Exec interviews - We'll be making decisions by the end of the week!
  3. Submit nominee for D. Flaute Leadership Award - This award goes to a graduating senior who has excelled in their role with FE and gone "above and beyond the job description." We have the perfect candidate!
  4. Update schedule for LDP - The Leadership Development Program is a class taught by the CEO (that's me!) to a group of high-potential freshman students. The students learn about the fundamentals of FE, the various functions of business, and ways to develop their own leadership styles.
  5. Alumni Weekend Prep - We have about 20 FE alumni coming in town this weekend and could not be more excited! I need to finish a presentation for Saturday's reception.
  6. Check with Margaret on BOD date - Our third quarter Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled for the end of February; I want to be sure the Dean can attend.
  7. Schedule meeting with HRs and MGT 405 Prof - A professor of mine is going to help out our Human Resources Directors in developing a new training program called "FE 101" for all new hires
  8. Blog!! - Yes, this is on my list.
  9. Contact Rachel at UPenn - FE has been invited to attend the UPenn Student Agencies Conference in March! I'm finalizing travel plans to send 4 members of our Exec team.
  10. Confirm date for FE semi-formal - Work hard, play hard!
  11. Homework and studying! - Must remember we are students first...
Just a day in the life!

No comments: